"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas A. Edison

Looking for the Family Blog? www.3psinatxpod.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Planting Tomatoes


It takes a lot of work to plant 40+ tomatoes and it took us into the night. I learned a lesson about tomatoes last year, which was it is hard to can 20-50# of tomatoes at a time. So I planted Early Girls for the early season, Roma's & Carnival for the mid season harvest and Brandywine and Beefsteak for the late harvest. I also planted Roma's specifically so I could make paste out of them for spaghetti sauce. My goal this year to have enough spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes and paste. I am also going to try to save my tomato seeds so I can start my own tomatoes next year. I hope you enjoy your tomatoes this year.

1 comment:

Vickie said...

That's alot of tomatoes - good idea to stagger the harvest times tho - I plan on making lots of salsa and putting up some frozen ones for spagetti sauce.

Contact us

*texasmcvays@gmail.com
*979-422-2066 call or text (please identify yourself in texts)











Add to Technorati Favorites
buy chickens, buy broilers, cornish hen, rhode island red, production red, buff orpington, brazos valley, bryan, college station, grimes county , brazos valley, black austrolorp, pullets, laying hens, brazos county, Texas A&M, TAMU, buy hens, chicken classes, red wigglers, composting worms, californian rabbits, 4-H, bunny,rabbit, rabbit meat, bunnies, worm casting, worm compost